Once you have started Home I/O you will see the Main Menu. During the simulation, press the Escape key to open the Main Menu. Click on Resume to resume the simulation.
|New||Creates a new simulation. Click on Confirm to start a new simulation. Save your current simulation before proceeding.|
|Load||To load a simulation select one from the list, click on Load and next on Confirm. To delete a saved simulation click on Delete and next on Confirm.|
|Save||To save a new simulation double click on New Save, enter a name and click on Confirm. To overwrite or delete a saved simulation select one from the list and click on Save or Delete and next on Confirm.|
|Options||In any sub menu click on Accept to apply the new settings. Click on Default to apply the default settings.|
|Exit||Closes the application. Click on Exit to quit Home I/O.|
In any sub menu click on Accept to apply the new settings and Default to apply the default ones.
- Sound : Turns sounds on or off.
- Volume : Changes the sounds volume.
- Speaker Mode : Changes the speaker mode between mono or stereo.
- Resolution : Changes the screen resolution.
- Display Mode : Changes the display mode between fullscreen or window.
- Quality : Selects the graphical quality (in some machines increasing quality may lower performance).
- V-Sync : Turns V-Sync mode on or off. It is recommended to turn it off on low spec machines.
- Run in Background : When enabled Home I/O continues running even if the window loses focus.
- Oculus Rift : Enable or disable the Oculus Rift headset (Experimental - DK1 ONLY). The device must be connected to the computer before starting Home I/O.
- Edit Keys : Customizes your key bindings. Arrow keys are used for the character movement and cannot be bound.
- Look Sensitivity : Changes the look sensitivity (applies to mouse and gamepad controller).
- Gamepad : Enables or disables the gamepad.
- Language : Selects a language.
- Units : Selects the unit system between metric or imperial.
- Show Energy : Selects how energy is displayed (consumption or cost). If cost is selected the price per kWh can be set in the field below.
- Energy Price : Sets the energy price per kWh.
- Permissions : For each saved simulation you may lock with a password the Device Mode, New Date panel, Atlas panel, Time Slider and Weather panel. Enter a password and press Lock. To unlock, reenter the password and press Unlock.